Friday, June 9, 2017

Fussy and Fancy Challenge #189 "Pamper Your Pets"

Good Friday morning dear blogging friends!

Well another week is winding down and it's time for a new challenge at Fussy and Fancy!!  Our wonderful hostess for the next two weeks is Diane...who has chosen "Pamper Your Pets" as our theme!  Hmmm...lots of great ways to create with this one!

I have been wanting to ink up this sweet little Sherri Baldy digi for a while now...the little darling reminds me of the MANY hamsters...YES...THIS IS A MOUSE...BUT...work with me here...that my youngest son had at one point!!!  There's a story here my friends...you see my Nicholas wasn't always an enthusiastic student...if he was interested he was VERY motivated...BUT...if not...WELL...you know what it's like!!  So one summer I had this BRILLIANT idea to engage my son's interest...you see he had a couple of hamsters...both male and in separate cages...SO...I thought...Why not get a female??...let her have a litter of babies and Nicholas chart the progress of their growth, behaviour, etc....he would have to write in a journal every day...WELL...he LOVED the idea...SO...we went ahead with the plan and bought a female (all our hamsters were "Teddy Bear" hamsters...furry little darling)!  So on the day that we first took my oldest son to university...Nicholas and I came home to discover that Mama had given birth while we were away...NOW...something else to note is that my hubby had no idea that we were doing this...we kept all the cages in my craft room which he NEVER went into...SO...we excitedly checked out our new additions...and as we counted them my stomach dropped...I had made arrangements for homes for a few...BUT NOT FOR 14!!!!!  YIKES!!!  I felt SICK...in the end only 8 survived and we only had to keep 2...BUT...now we had 5 cages in my craft room...AND...that was my last "BRILLIANT" idea for spurring on my son's education...LOL!!!!!

Okay so know that you have my life story...

Here is what I came up with...
please click on the first image for a closer view/slideshow...
DP is "little Darlings"..."Petals and Lace"...
Sherri Baldy image is "Image #154"...




And that is my very LONG WINDED "Pamper Your Pets" post!!  Now it's time for you to check out the beautiful creations that my talented team mates have to show you...then come on over and join us...we'd LOVE to hear all about your pets!!

All materials are listed/linked above.

Challenges that I wish to enter:
Crafting With Friends-Challenge #45 "Anything Goes"
Creative Fingers-Challenge #132 "Anything Goes"
My Besties International Challenge Blog-June Challenge "Anything Goes"
World Wide Open Design Team Challenge-May 15th 2017 Challenge #22 "Anything Goes"

Until next time...thank you for taking the time to stop by!!  Your visits and comments are SO very much appreciated!!!

16 comments:

  1. omg ha ha ha this was so funny! These little buggers can drop many babies :D
    I love the image and the wonderful card you made with hamster-mousie :)
    xoxo, Ally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh super super super gorgeous. What a lovely image and fantastic design. Lovely work.
    Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge



    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous (and funny) story Beth..14 my goodness, even 8 is a lot..I bet they were cute though...I love' live your gorgeous card and all the beautiful details...what a cute little mouse, and yep some people have mice for pets, too! Have a great weekend!
    Diane FAF DT
    {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Beth, I just loved reading your memory, thank you so much for sharing it with us. It is great to know the inspiration behind your beautiful design.
    As always I love your lovely work and your use of embellishments...have a lovely weekend...hugs. Jo. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that story! you are such a kind soul! gorgeous card. love the colouring and all the embellishments! great job

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beth that has got to be the cutest story! Thank-you for sharing with us!!! Adorable card! Love all your little details you always add to your cards!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG what a beautiful creation Beth! LOVE your overall design! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my Beth such a sweet little mouse with those big eyes, Faboulas shape with pretty colours.
    Thank you for lovely comment
    Best wishes
    Jules xx. Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, so, so adorable and cute! :)
    Wish you a happy weekende :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had the same experience with hamsters before with my eldest son. Those were the days, lol. Something to look back on and laugh about. Your card is absolutely gorgeous. I just love everything about it! Thanks for joining us at My Besties International Challenge.
    Sandy DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet and delightful card - so pretty and feminine too! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG Beth, this is gorgeous and the mouse is so cute! I love the story that goes with it.
    I hope you are having a lovely weekend.
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card! I love all embellishments you have used. Thanks you for joining with us at My Besties International Challenge. Good luck with your entry
    Maritza DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute! Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Jacqueline DT World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is Stunning Beth, I love the soft colors! Thank you for joining the challenge of My Bestie International. Hugs Cindy

    ReplyDelete