Monday, November 20, 2017

Scrapbook Stamp Society Challenge #131-"White Card Only-Only the Image In Colour"

Good Monday morning my crafty friends!!

I hope that everyone had a FABULOUS weekend!

Today we begin a brand new challenge at Scrapbook Stamp Society...I've always LOVED working with this theme..."White Card Only-Only the Image In Colour"...there's something about setting a beautiful image up against white!!

I saw this "Pyramid" style card over at 613 Avenue Create...thank you Sheryl for the awesome inspiration!!  I found a quick and easy tutorial by Linda Gutierrez HERE!

I must warn you that I went a little crazy with the pictures...I wanted to capture all the sides!

Here is what I came up with...
please click on the first image for a closer view/slideshow...
I ran some of the white card stock through a Spellbinders embossing folder to create a "DP" layer...
 I've been itching to colour up this little sweetie...
I wanted to keep the colours simple and soft...
this little darling is Img. 911...you can find her HERE!!...
coloured with my copics...
dusted with Chunky White Frantage...
I used lots of Glamour Dust on the fur areas as well as the poinsettia petals and Glossy Accents on the eyes, buttons and poinsettia centres...
 closer...
 I made some Foamiran poinsettias using a Spellbinders Poinsettia die...
snowflakes are a Joy Craft die...
 I made some circle loops and bow loops with some white/silver string then topped with the feathers and poinsettia...
 close up of the poinsettia...
I added white stamens and Glamour Dust to finish...
 the bow/sentiment side...
I stamped "Merry Christmas"...using a Hero Arts stamp...onto white chiffon ribbon with Stazon...
 the inside sentiment...
the poinsettia in the corner acts as a "stopper" for holding the card in place when closed...

Oh my goodness...this was SO much FUN to make!!  It actually worked up fairly quickly...the worst part is all the cutting and embossing!  I can't wait to make another one!!!!!

All materials are listed/linked above.

Challenges I wish to enter:
Colour It!  Create It!  Show It Off!-November Challenge "Anything Goes"
My Besties Aussie's Challenge Blog-November Challenge #11 "Layers"
My Besties Germany Challenge Blog-Challenge #47 "Option Christmas"
My Besties International Challenge Blog-Novmeber Challenge "Anything Goes"
My Besties Spanish Challenge Blog-Challenge #41 "Anything Goes"
Classic Design Team Open Challenge-November 1st 2017 Challenge #19 "Anything Goes"
Crafty Catz Challenge Blog-Challenge #393 "Anything Goes Option Sparkle and Shine"
Crafting With Friends-Challenge #55 "Anything Goes"
World Wide Design Team Open Challenge-November 15th 2017 Challenge #28 "Anything Goes"
613 Avenue Create-Challenge #203 "Option 3D"

Until next time...thank you for taking the time to stop by!!  Your visits and comments are SO very much appreciated!!!



16 comments:

  1. Wow...this is beautiful! I love the shape and the white poinsettia. The colouring is so pretty with grey and pinks. Beautiful Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Teepee/Pyramid design. I love it.
    Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge


    ReplyDelete
  3. Fancy card and just gorgeous! Love the sparkle on the image! Thanks for joining us at My Besties International Challenge.
    Sandy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your project! Beautiful!! Thanks for joining us, good luck. Ruth DT My Besties Spanish Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty Beth, love your coloring, a beautiful card.
    Thank you for joining us at My besties International.
    Corrie DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet design. A great result. Thank you for sharing your talents with us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Beth, love what you've done with this pyramid card.
    Glad you stopped by at 613 Avenue Create.
    Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Absolutely gorgeous card! Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Maritza DT for http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/......

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow this is beautiful


    Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Hesters DT for  http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful in white. Beautiful colouring of the image ! Thank you for participating in our challenge at Colour it Create it Show it off! Creative regards, Gina DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simple Divine and Elegant . love the design & style .
    Thank you for joining us at My Bestie Aussie Challenge.
    Rose dt

    ReplyDelete
  12. Preciosa tu Tarjeta me encanta Espectacular gracias por partipar en Mi Besties Spanihs gracias por participar en Mi Besties Spanis

    ReplyDelete
  13. DELIGHTFUL card Beth!
    Such a beautiful image and wonderful colouring, such fancy folds embellished with awesomeness, LOVE IT ALL, inside and out!
    Thank you for sharing with us at the My Besties Spanish Challenge Blog and wishing you the best of luck with your entry :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hallo liebe Beth,
    vielen lieben Dank für die Teilnahme an der My Besties Challenge Deutschland. Deine Karte ist wunderschön gestaltet und gefällt mir sehr gut. Ich bin ganz begeistert von der aufwendigen Gestaltung und der wundervollen Coloration des Motivs.
    Ganz liebe Grüße herzlichst Silvi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hallo liebe Beth ,deine Karte ist ein Traum in weiß einfach wunderschön .Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahmen an der My-Besties deutschland design challenge.
    Liebe Grüße deine Gudrun

    ReplyDelete