Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Gurus-Post #1

My first theme post!!
I have been thinking that my posts should have a theme...well maybe some of them as not all the crafting we do makes sense, it just makes us HAPPY!

So today I decided to start my "Guru" posts.  There are so many very talented crafters out there but some have really left a huge impression on me.  It is hard to choose who to talk about first so I decided to put it alphabetically...makes it so much easier!!

So...the subject of my first post is the VERY talented Vicki Boutin!!  You can find Vicki's work at vickiboutin.typepad.com.  My friend Dianne (my forever friend) and I have taken many a class from this wonderfully quirky and talented lady.  Vicki brings to her classes knowledge, humour and a great talent for bringing out the best in all of us!!  Vicki will forever tell you that there are no "mistakes" made during our crafting...or maybe we could call them "happy mistakes" or an "AHHA" moment.  From Vicki I have discovered a love for "Mixed Media" so I have applied what she has taught us over the years to a clip board and used my Tildas...yes I am obsessed with these little ladies!  Why the clip board?  Well, with it I can put more than one Tilda on and use mixed media to cover it...two for the price of one!!  I also thought that I could make use of it in my office but I got carried away with the "embellies"..so it just becomes a little piece of FUN!!  Maybe I can hold back on the embellishments on the next one!

So here is what I have...
 Above and below...the entire clip board

  Lilyrose the Dragon... from the 2012 Prices & Princesses collection
 Wizard Tilda ...from the 2012 Princes & Princesses collection
 Curtsy Tilda...
 the "embellies"...Magnolia Doo-Hickeys and flowers.. on the top corner...

and on the bottom!!
 
 
Well that is the clip board...so many pics as it was hard to get a good one of the whole project!
 
I am going to enter this into the Magnolia-licious "Anything Goes Challenge...that's if I can figure out how to "link"...LOL!!!
 
Thanks for stopping by and reading my first "Guru" post!!

4 comments:

  1. Great post Beth and amazing pictures.
    Also loving your new layout!

    TarteTanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great thing to do on your blog. It is so true Beth. There are soooo many talented people out there, and it is wonderful when they inspire us! I love your clip board...it is full of wonderful embellishments and the colouring is wow. Lots of love and fun went into this gorgeous piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! what a fabulous sparkly project this is. I love your choice of Tilda and of course that sweet lilyrose. So many pretty details to catch the eye. Thank you so much for joining us over at Magnolia-licious. Good luck!
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE THE new blog!!!!! Thanks for the kind words!!! A class just wouldn't be the same without you and Dianne in it!!!

    ReplyDelete