Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Quinn's Birthday Card

Finally Done!!

Well...I finished up my Grandson Quinn's 1st Birthday card...and I'm a few days early!! 

Yes...our darling boy turns one on Friday!  Hard to believe that he is almost a whole year old!!

First of all let me say that I find working on male cards a HUGE challenge...no bows, lace or flowers...UGHH!!  But hey that's what Frantage is for and believe me I used a ton of this stuff (and maybe a teeny bit of glitter)...LOL!


So here is what I came up with...

The style I used is a form of the easel card...
the front scalloped circles are put together to form a circular "3D box"...  
  stamp is "Angel Cody" from Whimsy Stamps...
  the sentiment (computer generated)...
the card opened to show both front and inside
 
 
Well that's our "Angel Quinn"'s 1st Birthday card...whew glad it's done!!  Now we have a party to prepare for!
 
I will enter this card into One Crazy Stamper's birthday challenge.  The challenge this month is "Birthday Cards" as it is Lora's birthday today!  Happy Birthday Lora!!  Hop on over to Lora's on-line store for a birthday sale!  FYI...most of my supplies were purchased from the birthday girl's store!
 
Materials Used:
DP-from my stash (so old I have no idea who makes it)
Spellbinders-Grand Scalloped Circles, Grand Circles and Labels Fourteen
Frantage Embossing Powder-Stampendous (shabby blue)
Ribbon & Buckle-also from my stash
 
Thank you once again for stopping by!!
 

 


5 comments:

  1. Oh Beth Quinn's card is ADORABLE!!!! I love the colours and design...way to go! Thanks for entering in the One Crazy Stamper Challenge. Cheers, Lora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little grandsons birthday is totally cool! Wow, how did you come up this idea.... It's super adorable. I love how you did all those clouds. Love the frontage, it really adds a nice touch. Super cute image Beth! Coloured so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth, you totally outdid yourself with Quinn's card. Its amazing and very masculine. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dianne sent the last post

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how you feel with no flowers or lace but this is just gorgeous without them, such a clever design, beautifully done
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete