Today is my first "official" post as a new Fresh Brewed Design team member!!
And the beginning of our month long challenge...
For prizes and RULES (PLEASE READ THE RULES CAREFULLY) they are listed below...
TWO PRIZES to be WON:
- The winner of this challenge (chosen by random.org) will be given 3 digis of choice
- The FBDDT will choose one lucky participant to be a guest designer for the following month.
- As a guest designer, you will be given your choice of 3 digis AND be featured on our blog.
- You can choose to create using this sketch and/or use this photo as your inspiration piece.
- We will need to be able to clearly see one of these two pieces in your card / project.
- If we can't see the sketch or that your card follows the photo, it will not count. Sorry :(
- You may enter this challenge up to 5 times.
- If you don't have an FBD image, don't worry. You can still play along.
- If you DO have any of our stamps, we would LOVE to see them on your project.
- Most importantly, HAVE FUN! We love to create for the LOVE of creating. We want you to enjoy what you make and look forward to seeing your projects.
As I am on the "Inspirational photo" team I will be working with the photo...
And here is my card...
please click on first image for closer view and slideshow..
I cut out a half heart using Spellbinder's Classis Hearts...
cut out heart borders using Joy! Crafts Heart Border #6002/0078...
I put them through my Zyron in order to glue them to my card...
and added pearls...
I added some ribbon, a carnation, pearl/crystal spray under sentiment...Happy Valentine's Day is computer generated...
my card opened to show both the sentiment...also computer generated and...
"Steamy Romance" created by our LOVELY and TALENTED Heather...
a closer look at the digi...
I tried to create steam rising from the latte but didn't want it too dark so it shows very faintly in this picture...
I added carnations and a single rose to try to capture some of the elements in the photo and digi...
So there you have my first attempt at "Photo Inspiration"...I hope that you like it!!
I played with the wording of the sentiment for my husband and finally came up with "We're like a great latte...coffee and cream with plenty of steam!!!" Hey what can I say...after all these years the romance remains...well most of the time!!
DP-from my stash and sorry I have no idea who makes it or what it's called...yes it's been
in my stash that long!!
Digi-Steamy Romance-Fresh Brewed Designs
Dies-Spellbinders Classic Ovals Large and Classic Hearts
Joy! crafts-Heart Border
Flowers, pearl/crystal spray (under "Happy Valentines") and pearls-Wild Orchid Crafts
Ribbon is from my stash
Inks-Ranger Distress Ink-Tea Dye...inked around the image and on sentiment tags
Steam & Leaf-G21,24&28
Carnations-R46...I didn't have any carnations in a colour that matched so I
inked them with this copic marker
Challenges I will enter:
A Creative Romance-Challenge #17 "Show us some Love"
Wild Orchids Challenge Blog-Challenge #96 "Love Is"
Until next time...your visits and comments are so very much appreciated!!!