Monday, November 25, 2013

A Very Tilda Christmas-Explosion Box

Hello dear friends!!

I have finally finished the explosion box that I have been working on FOREVER!!!!  I was waiting for pieces of a music box...specifically the turntable!!  Well it arrived on Friday and wouldn't you know it the turntable was too big...LOL!!!  I have been waiting for NOT to move forward on this project...so back to the drawing board to figure out how to get the music box/tree portion to work without a turntable...hummm!!

So...I warn you now that this post is picture HEAVY!!!...and I gave up writing down all of the copics used!

Here is "A Very Tilda Christmas" Explosion Box/Music Box...
 
view of Tilda's "winter cottage"...
 
the front door..."Welcome holiday guests!!!"...
 
the back window with decorated flower box...
 
"OH!!!  What have we here??...Pixie Tilda (CS 2012) can't wait to get in!!...
 
and Jingle Jangle Tilda (CS 2012) anxious to get the decorating done...time is running out...
 
Glittering Tilda already to go...
 
Sneaky Tilda has a gift to put under the tree...Jasper's hoping it's a lovely bit of catnip...
 
Wiola (WW 2013) is a great help to Glittering Tilda...
 
and an arial view of the cozy cottage...the Christmas tree turns when wound...
 
 
I AM SOOOOO GLAD THAT THIS IS FINALLY DONE!!!!
 
Materials Used:
DP (the wall paper above the chair rail and the striped part of the rotating floor)-Maja-It's Christmas Time
Die Cuts-
Memory Box-Flowering Christmas Tree, Grand Madison Window and Window Box, Classis Screen Door
Spellbinders-Classis Small Ovals
My Next Die-Icicle Border
Pearl string & metal clock charm-Wild Orchid Crafts
Cameo frame & snowflake stickpins (Christmas tree topper)-The Ribbon Girl
Snow made with texture effect-Martha Stewart and crushed glass (from my stash)
Assorted ribbon, garland, black pearls & light bulbs-from my stash
Music box-Kidder & Co.
 
Challenges I will enter:
Midweek Magnolia-Anything but a card
Magnolia-licious Blog Hop Challenge-Holiday or Winter Themed
Color Me Creative-Anything Goes
 
Well that is it for me tonight...thank you all for taking the time to stop by...it is very much appreciated!!!

12 comments:

  1. WOW ... this is incredible! you are a talented and very patient artist, Beth. stunning detail and beautiful colouring. VERY well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like an amazing amount of work, Beth. All of the Tilda's are gorgeous. The whole box is outstanding. Thanks for joining us for the Anything Goes challenge at Color Me Creative.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...this had to been done with lots of patience! Wowzers! Were do I start.....I just love the lights along the edge of the roof and the front door is so pretty...wish my actual front door had that appeal! Love the inside with the tree and all your Tildas...Tilda by the chimney is really cute! I just love it Beth! Well done!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW Beth, this is just amazing! So worth the wait for you too. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Beth
    This is the cutest thing I've ever seen.
    I literally did an out loud aweeee.
    Good work Beth,
    TarteTanya

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW....My word this is Gorgeous Beth....the attention to detail is outstanding.... the design & elements are so Beautiful....Love, Love, Love it all.....Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok that is crazy cool you and Christine are killing me with these boxes...lol great job love it..hey just putting it out there if you need someone to send it to I have a spot for it..again great job

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gasp! WOW! Beth, You are amazing! This is absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE IT!
    Fantastic Job! I would never have the patience!
    Big Warm Hugs, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, WOW, WOW, this is fantastic. What a lot of creative work you put into this explosion box, but so precious.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Beth, this is fabulous! Love the idea and your beautiful coloring and details. Totally awesome! Thanks for sharing with us at the Midweek Magnolias! Hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! This is incredible! I love the idea of the music box turntable for the tree! Everything is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete