Friday, November 1, 2013

Fussy and Fancy Challenge #101

Good Friday Morning!!

Today is my first official post as a design team member for the Fussy and Fancy Challenge blog!!!

Our theme for this challenge is "Black and Blue"!  I was instantly intrigued by this theme...I don't usually work with this combination of colours...you know I'm a pink girl!!

So a few thoughts went running through my head!  When shopping with my best friend Di I found this black and blue glass dish and started thinking about a birthday card for my crafty friend Christine...who is banned from my blog until I give her this next week! She'll be proud of me because I actually used my Prismas which I'm not really strong with!!  I went back into my classes by Dena Concienne at the Art Studio and did a refresher.  That's the beauty of these classes...once you've paid for them you have unlimited viewing!!!  And let me tell you Dena is an amazing teacher!!

Here is what I came up with...


the full front view...


 a little closer view of "Pint Sized Love" a Saturated Canary digi coloured with my Prismas...

side view of the sentiment on the back...
 view of the back...
 side view of the flowers filling the dish...
 
For some reason I Just couldn't get the last two pics to enlarge...LOL!!!  I'm still in training!!
 
And that is Christine's birthday card and my first post as a Fussy and Fancy girl!! 
 
 
You should see what my team mates have created...a truly talented group of ladies!!
 
Come on over and join the fun...we'd love to see what you all come up with!
 
 
Material Used:
Glass Dish - Homesense
Stamps- Saturated Canary - Pint Sized Love (digi) and Hero Art - Happy Birthday
Dies - Spellbinders - Ovals, Scalloped Ovals and Memory Box - Lavish Branch
Ribbon and gems - from my stash
 
Challenges I will enter:
Saturated Canary - Challenge # 55 - Alter It
 
Well that is that for today!!
 
Thank you for stopping by!!  I really appreciate you taking the time!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 

11 comments:

  1. So pretty Beth!!! Love it!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth! Your card is GORGEOUS! I just love the elegant, "Lavish Branch" die cuts! So pretty! Great job with your prismas! I tried mine a couple of times and put them back in the box!
    Happy Birthday to your good friend, "Christine". She will love your beautiful card and the pretty swan dish!
    I hope that you have a fun weekend!
    Big Hugs, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely stunning, Beth ..... Christine will be thrilled with this masterpiece, as anyone would be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. Love the branch die cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth, I have admit I wasn't sure what you had in mind when you bought that dish. But, as usual, you didn't disappoint! I love the colours! Your image is coloured perfectly. I too, love the branches and the flowers...what a great combination . Who would have thought black and blue would be so beautiful!! Amazing job,
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning, beautiful and creative!! Love it!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW...Stunning card Beth...your colouring is breathtaking...Love the design & perfect die-cuts...Amazing creation... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi my sweetie this is just super gorgeous. I soooooooooo love these colours they really are lush, your friend will treasure this. Love your colouring as well hun. Dena is amazing at colouring isn't she. Hope you had a lovely weekend shug.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful.....love the colour combo too, thanks for sharing with us at SC Challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning project, love the colour theme. Thanks for joining the Saturated Canary Challenge.
    Caz
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beth, it was well worth the wait! I can finally comment!LOL I love this gift you made for me....in person it is even more beautiful. The work and all the attention to detail is amazing.Dena would be so proud of your prisma colouring. Wow! I must say. I love the flower arrangements all around the dish. Beautiful Beth...thank-you so much.

    ReplyDelete