Monday, November 4, 2013

Happy Birthday Mom!!

Good Monday Morning!!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful weekend!!

I have been working on my Mother's birthday card and I have to tell ya that it's hard when we have very different taste!!!  So as far as style goes I went with my taste and colour wise I selected a more vintage look using greens/beige/brown.

I masked out Tilda on a bench with Jasper the cat sitting beside...although poor Jasper got overwhelmed by the flowers...LOL!!!


Here is Mom's card...

 
front view of card...
 
this is Tilda with Dot-bow from the With Love Collection 2013 (I printed "Happy Birthday" on the heart with a black Zig pen)... sorry have forgotten which collections Jasper and the bench are from... 

the card opened up with computer generated sentiment...

Sneaky Tilda...again can't remember which collection...
 
 
Well that is my Mother's birthday card...I'm off to get ready to take her for a birthday lunch and give her the card and gift...a day early...her birthday is tomorrow which just happens to be my good friend Christine's also!!
 
Materials Used:
Stamps-Magnolia (all listed above)
Inks-Memento-Tuxedo Black (stamping) and Rich Cocoa (distressing)
DP-Maja Design-Sofiera-The Elegant Wine House...and sadly very much covered up
Die Cuts-Go Kreate #360030-XXL Sq. Frame Frilly #10 and #120030-Concentric Frilly Sq. #10, Memory Box-Elegant Scrollwork
Flowers, vintage seam binding-cameo beige and brown pearls (5MM)-Wild Orchid Crafts
 
I will enter this into the Midweek Magnolias challenge "Layers".
 
Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by...I very much appreciate you taking the time!!!
 



8 comments:

  1. Wow Beth your Mom's going to love this card. I love the images you used, just perfect, the colours you chose are beautiful...love seeing your creations!
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Beth, this is so pretty and so well done! Your mom is going to treasure this,that is for sure. This is the gift! Your mom will love the pretty soft spring like colours....Love Tilda! Perfect gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweetie this is super gorgeous I love the shape & love how you have added another Tilda inside. Your mum is sure to absolutely love & cherish it shug.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, I'm sure your Mum will love this, what a wonderful keepsake, so very pretty, Thanks so much for joining us at Midweek Magnolias
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the colours you used. Your Mom will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card hun, she loved I know, lovely design, sorry not replied to your question about blog layouts etc, been a little busy here, let me know your email addy with a any questions if you still want any ideas and i can get in touch easier,
    my addy is lizmarsden123@gmail.co.uk
    hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card, thank you for sharing it with us at Midweek Magnolias 'Lots of layers' Challenge.
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. and indeed mom LOVED THE CARD and will cherish it forever this side of Heaven - she told me all about how wonderful it was and the time it must have taken you to and love you put into it ALL FOR HER! way to go big sis!!! SO GLAD YOUR WONDEFUL TALENTS HAVE HIT THE NEWS!!!! LITTLE SIS - AA XOXOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete