Friday, June 12, 2015

Fussy and Fancy Challenge #141-"Distressed"

Good Friday morning dear blogging friends!

It's time once again for a new challenge at Fussy and Fancy...for the next two weeks we want you to show us all your "Distressed" creations!!  Our wonderful sponsor this time is Aurora Wings!!  Oh it sure is fun browsing through this fabulous shop...such creativity!  So hard to do justice to these fabulous images!!!

Here is what I came up with...
please click on the first image for a closer view/slideshow...
I decided to make an easel card...
not sure what shape that you would call this...lol...
it kept changing as I went along!!...
 this is Aurora Wings "Rite of Spring"...
coloured with my copics...
I added liquid pearls throughout...
and a little Frantage...
 close up...
I added Glossy Accents to some of the flowers and eyes...
 this image simply begged for feathers...
I looked for some smaller peacock feathers but could only find large ones...
then I thought that I would use distress ink to make my white feathers look like a peacock's and boy was that a disaster...
so the white feathers stayed white and  I cut "Peacock Feathers" out instead using a Magnolia Doohickey...
 flowers are Wild Orchid Crafts...
feathers are from  my stash...
the papers are distressed using the Tim Holtz distressing tool then inked with Memento "Paris Dusk"...
 
 
So that is my "Distressed" easel card...you just have to hop on over to Fussy and Fancy to check out the  most wonderful creations that my talented team mates have to show you...then it's up to you!!!
 
All materials are listed/linked above.
 
Until next time...thank you for taking the time to stop by!!  Your visits and comments are SO very much appreciated!!!
 

 



9 comments:

  1. Very nice Beth. And looks so full of mystery!!!.. Gorogus flowers and embellishments excellent art work. And I thank you for your comments.
    Jules xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous design Beth, the feathers are just perfect...and they compliment the image brilliantly...have a great weekend....hugs...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Beth , this card is a piece of art !!! and your coloring is really fantastic !
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow! I feel like I'm always saying that, but I always mean it! This is freaking amazing Beth! That image is incredible and the added glossy accents and pearly accents just light it up!! The teal and pink together is so decadent and your feathers and flowers are stunning! LOVE LOVE LOVE! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how you do it....you take such a variety of stamps and make them into something I couldn't even dream of. You have this creative mind that does not rest! This card is really amazing! Wow! You add little embellishments that really make the whole card come together. Unbelievable Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Beth...absolutely stunning! Gorgeous design with a wonderful colour combo for this beauty. hugs, Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW...this is stunning!!! Beautifully colored...and all those added details are fantastic...and I love the feathers...they are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Beth, this card is beautiful. Iv been having a nose through your blog at all your cards and have to say that they are all amazing. Love how you add all the detailing and die cut to your cards, so perfect. When it comes to adding lots i dont no where to start really but you have it spot on, stunning. Like to say also a bit thank you for your welcome to Fussy and Fancy. Have a great day..Hugs Lozzy xx

    ReplyDelete