Wednesday, February 5, 2014

"Choose Your Challenge" at Fresh Brewed Design's Month Long Challenge!!

Hello dear friends!!

Today is my first "official" post as a new Fresh Brewed Design team member!!


And the beginning of our month long challenge...




For prizes and RULES (PLEASE READ THE RULES CAREFULLY) they are listed below...
 

TWO PRIZES to be WON:

  1. The winner of this challenge (chosen by random.org) will be given 3 digis of choice
  2. The FBDDT will choose one lucky participant to be a guest designer for the following month.             
  3.  As a guest designer, you will be given your choice of 3 digis AND be featured on our blog. 



RULES:

  1. You can choose to create using this sketch and/or use this photo as your inspiration piece.
  2. We will need to be able to clearly see one of these two pieces in your card / project. 
  3. If we can't see the sketch or that your card follows the photo, it will not count. Sorry :(
  4. You may enter this challenge up to 5 times.
  5. If you don't have an FBD image, don't worry. You can still play along.
  6. If you DO have any of our stamps,  we would LOVE to see them on your project.
  7. Most importantly, HAVE FUN! We love to create for the LOVE of creating. We want you to enjoy what you make and look forward to seeing your projects. 

As I am on the "Inspirational photo" team I will be working with the photo...


 
As soon as I saw "Steamy Romance" I knew that it was the digi for me...and my husband of course!!!  I decided to do up a little Valentines Day card for him using this PERFECT digi and the February's Inspirational Photo!!

 

And here is my card...

                            

please click on first image for closer view and slideshow..

I cut out a half heart using Spellbinder's Classis Hearts...

cut out heart borders using Joy! Crafts Heart Border #6002/0078...

I put them through my Zyron in order to glue them to my card...
and added pearls...
 




 I added some ribbon, a carnation, pearl/crystal spray under sentiment...Happy Valentine's Day is computer generated...
 my card opened to show both the sentiment...also computer generated and...
 "Steamy Romance" created by our LOVELY and TALENTED Heather... 
 a closer look at the digi...
I tried to create steam rising from the latte but didn't want it too dark so it shows very faintly in this picture...
I added carnations and a single rose to try to capture some of the elements in the photo and digi...
 
So there you have my first attempt at "Photo Inspiration"...I hope that you like it!!
 
I played with the wording of the sentiment for my husband and finally came up with "We're like a great latte...coffee and cream with plenty of steam!!!"  Hey what can I say...after all these years the romance remains...well most of the time!!
 
Materials Used:
DP-from my stash and sorry I have no idea who makes it or what it's called...yes it's been
      in my stash that long!!
Digi-Steamy Romance-Fresh Brewed Designs
Dies-Spellbinders Classic Ovals Large and Classic Hearts
         Joy! crafts-Heart Border
Flowers, pearl/crystal spray (under "Happy Valentines") and pearls-Wild Orchid Crafts
Ribbon is from my stash
Inks-Ranger Distress Ink-Tea Dye...inked around the image and on sentiment tags
Copics-Coffee Cream-E50,51&53
            Coffee Cup-E35,R39&89
            Rose-E0000,000&01
            Steam & Leaf-G21,24&28
            Carnations-R46...I didn't have any carnations in a colour that matched so I 
                                        inked them with this copic marker 
                                       
 
Challenges I will enter:
Sweet Stampin'-Love/Valentines
A Creative Romance-Challenge #17 "Show us some Love"
Wild Orchids Challenge Blog-Challenge #96 "Love Is"
 
Until next time...your visits and comments are so very much appreciated!!!
 



14 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous Beth, I love your pretty papers they contrast beautifully with the red card stock and fabulous embellishments - your attention to detail is always outstanding.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with the comment above, that your attention to detail is always outstanding! So So true!
    I had to chuckle at your sentiment!
    I LOVE the deep shades of red you used for the flowers to make your heart border just pop....love that border by the way. This style of card is really neat. The lacey paper is perfect too....and the steam you can see is such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my oh my! Where do I even begin?!?! GORGEOUS! Every little detail. You are so creative with your folds. I love the window and the sweet heart details. The scallops and pearls and gorgeous flowers add that extra touch of romance! This card is just OOH LA LA and so much more. Very, dare I say, sexy. (for a coffee cup) lol!!! I love everything about it.

    So happy to have you on the team!
    Sending hugs,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Beth what a wonderful read! Your take on the photo is just brilliant and what a perfect image you have chosen to use. I just love your card, and am sure your hubby will too. Love the wording also. So you have had sunshine whereas today we have had it so cold finishing off with pouring rain AGAIN! It could be worse though, at least it is not snow. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card, love all the detail.
    Thank you for sharing the love at Sweet Stampin this week! Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, I love the card shape and your gorgeous flowers, very sweet
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous card, Beth ..... hubby will love it! all the detail makes it just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the details and the way you've tried to show steam rising! I can see it.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
    Pia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super card. Lots of lovely details.

    Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Beth! It's me again! I love everything about this gorgeous card!
    What fun die cuts you used to team up with your fold! I love the half heart cut and the lacey design paper! You colored your, "Steamy Romance" digi beautifully! And, Yes, I can see your steamy hearts!
    BRILLIANT! If I tried that, I would have messed up my whole image and would have to start again! LOL! You did it nice and light! Perfect!
    YAY! We are on the same photo inspiration team! More happy dances! Your card is simply GORGEOUS!
    I hope that you enjoy a wonderful weekend!
    Big warm hugs and smiles, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Valentine for you Husband!! Love the layout - gorgeous!! And I love all your attention to detail - the flowers are the perfect addition to that steamy image!!
    Blessings to you Beth!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet :) Thanks for playing with us in the Wild Orchid Challenge this week ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a gorgeous card. Love the colours and the design. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete