Friday, March 11, 2016

Fussy and Fancy Challenge #159-"Things with Wings"

Good Friday morning dear blogging friends!!

Today we begin a brand new challenge at Fussy and Fancy!  Our hostess for the next two weeks is our wonderful Annie who has chosen "Things with Wings" as her theme!!  Our sponsor is Sweet Lilac Flowers!

I've been wanting to do this wooden chest that I have had for a while so I thought "Let's go a little Springy and add flowers and butterflies!"  Well this didn't turn out exactly as I had in mind...when I went to get products that I was positive that I had I just couldn't find them...time to sort out the craft room so that I know where everything is!!

Here is what I came up with...
please click on the first image for a closer view/slideshow...
now this was very hard to photograph because of the size...
I couldn't fit it in the area that I usually take my pics in and the lighting where I finally took the pictures wasn't that great...
 the unadorned chest...
 I started by inking it up with "Pumice Stone" Distress Ink...
added some texture paste and Shabby Taupe Frantage...
then I sponged on some alcohol inks and topped with a pearlizer...
 another angle...
 the top...
 in this arrangement added flowers to some moss and natural fibers...
next came a butterfly..
 a tag made using alcohol inks...
I added shabby seam binding, pearls strand and a butterfly...
 the other side...
 closer...
 bottom corner...
 
And that is my chest finished!!  I think that I'll use it to store some of my lace!  Now I know that my talented Fussy and Fancy Sisters would love for you to pay them a visit!
 
All materials are listed above.
 
Until next time...thank you for taking the time to stop by!!  Your visits and comments are SO very much appreciated!!!
 
 
 

 

17 comments:

  1. This is brilliant Beth! I am in awe! I cannot believe how much I have missed, you have made so many things and all such lovely makes. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant Beth! I am in awe! I cannot believe how much I have missed, you have made so many things and all such lovely makes. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an amazing mixed media project Beth! It looks like an old treasure chest found deep in the Enchanted Forest and for sure it's filled with magical potions and gadgets! Fantastic! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, Beth your mixed media projects get more and more wonderful. You have turned a very simple wooden chest into a magical chest, I imagine opening the lid and finding some really old love letters and lots of sweet memories. xxx Annie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy crap that is crazy awesome love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beth this is beautiful. The details are amazing that you did. You took a very plain chest and made it a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Beth stunning decoration you did on this box, perfect
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow...You really have conjured with this wooden chest :)
    The transformation is amazingly great :) You are clever!
    Wish you a happy weekend ! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, dare I say it... another Beth Brovold original. Wow what a FANTASTIC project, its absolutely beautiful, you are so talented honey!! Even though it wasnt what you envisioned, I think it is just perfect sweetie!
    Crafty Cuddles Jay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Beth, this chest is stunning!! I love all of your gorgeous details and fibers, absolutely beautiful project!
    Big hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Beth, you always do an amazing job at these makeovers. This on is no exception. I love all the different textures. It's a work of art!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  12. absolutely stunning Beth ... the texture, colour and beautiful embellishments make this one of a kind piece! .... and I have just the spot to proudly display this work of art ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, what a beautiful creation! Love everything about it, it is a work of art!
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Beth, wow, wow and wow, I love the way you have decorated your chest, so much detail....and such a great use of your flowers.
    A truly inspirational piece of art....hugs...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous Beth...a beautiful piece of art...I love all the beautiful flowers and butterflies you have added, a gorgeous display piece!! (Sorry I am so late in stopping by...I was out of town for 4 days)...have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your box is gorgeous Beth. Just love it and how wonderful that you can store some treasure material in it too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow the transformation is Amazing in the way you Embellished it.

    ReplyDelete